Christmas in July – Disney Scrabble Tile Ornaments
Christmas is only 5 months away! Today we celebrate Christmas in July!
It is a fun craft that you can do with your kids, of course only an adult should use the hot glue gun. But it’s fun to think of different words or character names to use to create them!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Scrabble type tiles or letter tiles
- 1 inch tape to 2 inch tape
- 1/8 inch tape or cord
- Decorative ribbons
- Hot glue gun
This is what you do.
- Choose your word or name and select the tiles.
- Measure the tape to account for all the tiles and an extra 1.5 to 2 inches at the top and how much you want to leave at the bottom.
- Cut a piece of ribbon 5 to 6 inches long. Tie the ends together to form a circle.
- fold the top of the ribbon toward the back of the piece, about 3/4 of an inch down.
- Place the circle of ribbon in the fold and glue it to form a loop to attach to the tree.
- Glue the scrabble tiles
- Add decorative accents, bows or ribbons.
Here is an example of a full version of one of Tricky morning.
You can use the traditional word type or go for fun Disney words.
Choose ribbons that reflect the colors of a certain character.
Have fun with it!
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Sources: Tricky morning.
Pirates and princesses (PNP) is an independent, fan-driven news blog that covers Disney and Universal theme parks, themed entertainment and related pop culture from a consumer perspective. The opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its publishers, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial source of information and has no connection with The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other business we can cover.