“I don’t like it” – McDonald’s fans baffled by “expired” Monopoly stickers
Fast food fans have slammed McDonald’s after opening Monopoly stickers that are part of a company’s promotional campaign.
The campaign began last month after being postponed due to the pandemic, but some buyers have been baffled by what is written inside, reports the Manchester Evening News.
They took to social media to complain about “expired” tickets that became obsolete months ago.
Go here to read more about Northeast Updates, News and Reviews
Posting on Twitter, one person said: “@McDonaldsUK why does a sticker I just received on 1/9/21 expire on 4/5/21?”
Another said: “My codes are not being scanned on the mcds app, it’s really confusing.”
âThe codes are not digitized, help! Said a third.
But there is an explanation as to why McDonald’s is releasing tokens with the wrong dates.
The fast food giant told customers the tickets were still valid even though they had expired, according to the Daily Star.
This is because they were printed before the competition was rescheduled, so fans should just ignore the dates.
Coins that display a “play until” date of May 4, 2021, will still be valid until October 5, 2021.
The following new expiration dates also apply:
- Collect to win non-food prizes: Old date June 4, 2021, new date November 11, 2021
- Collect to win food prizes: Old date May 18, 2021, new date October 19, 2021
- Non-food prizes or discounts to be won: Old date June 4, 2021, new date November 5, 2021
- Instant meal vouchers or Just Eat: Old date May 18, 2021, new date October 19, 2021
- Instant discount voucher (excluding Just Eat) old date, August 31, 2021 or before, new date January 31, 2022
- Online game: Old date May 5, 2021, new date October 15, 2021
Lucky players could win up to Â£ 100,000 in cash, an Ibiza vacation, a hot tub or a Â£ 1,000 home entertainment voucher.
A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “Packaging and game pieces printed before reprogramming could not be safely reprinted in time, so new dates apply – consumers should check the website or ask restaurants to find details of all rescheduled entry / up dates and claim or redeem prizes prior to the dates.
For the latest news, announcements, and reviews delivered straight to your inbox, go here to sign up for our free newsletter.