Monopoly Reveals Hamptons Board Game Summer 2022 Edition
Just when we thought MONOPOLY’s game couldn’t get any better, Top Trumps USA (under license from Hasbro) launched an exclusive Hamptons edition of the classic game — just in time for summer — on June 22.
MONOPOLY The Hamptons Edition replaces the perennial board game’s famous Atlantic City plazas (from Boardwalk to Park Place) with depictions of cultural sites, historical landmarks, and well-known Hamptons businesses, plus a custom community chest and Chance playing cards to ensure every detail of the game pays homage to Long Island’s iconic destination.
“We are excited to kick off the summer with the launch of MONOPOLY The Hamptons Edition and celebrate one of New York’s most beloved, culturally rich and geographically beautiful areas. We’ve spent months creating a portrait of the area’s vibrant communities that we hope locals and visitors will enjoy for years to come,” Dennis Gavaghen, a representative for Top Trumps USA, said in the official press release.
“We’ve incorporated important local feedback to make this a fun and engaging game for ‘Hamptonites’ and beyond.”
The full game includes:
- Sites that showcase the natural beauty and geography of the East End (Sag Harbor Sand Dunes, Shadmoor State Park, East Hampton Main Beach, Cooper’s Beach, Atlantic Avenue Beach, Hallock State Park Reserve, Montauk Boardwalk Trail, and Shelter Island)
- Local non-profit organizations (East End Hospice and Hamptons United)
- Cultural destinations (Bridge Gardens and Southampton Main Street)
- Historic Sites (Camp Hero Radar Facility, Agawam Park World War Memorial, Cedar Point Lighthouse, Montauk Lighthouse, and Hook Windmill)
- Popular local businesses and stores (Homeport Montauk, The Roundtree Amagansett, Southampton Inn, Stevenson’s Toys, Hampton Chutney and Propane Depot)
- Basic transportation (Hampton Jitney, Hampton Ambassador, Montauk Airport and Long Island Railroad)
The New Hamptons Edition of MONOPOLY is available for purchase on Amazon.com and also for sale at Ace Hardware stores and local Long Island stores, including Lynne’s Cards and Gifts, Sugar Daddy’s Toys, Stevenson’s Toys, Southampton Books, BookHampton, The Wharf Shop, Sag Harbor Variety, Captain Kids/Homeport, The Roundtree, Amagansett True Value, Mary Arnold Toys, Funky Monkey Toys, Eastport Little Secret, Long Island Aquarium and more.
For more content, check out the Shopping section of the New York Post.